The vegetables look stunning and the orange, ginger dressing is a treat.
- 2 carrots, cut into medium sized matchsticks
- 1/2 swede, cut into medium sized matchsticks
- 236g mangetout or snow peas
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage cut into large pieces
- 1-2 tbsp lightly roasted pecans
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to the boil, add a pinch of sea salt and the carrots and the peas. Boil uncovered for 2-3 minutes, then rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Boil the swede for 5-6 minutes, rinse under cold water and drain.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok, add the olive oil, the Chinese cabbage and a pinch of sea salt. Sauté uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the boiled vegetables, sauté for 1-2 minutes and season with the toasted sesame oil, soya sauce, ginger juice, orange rind and pecans. Serve immediately.
Montse Bradford is Director of the School of Natural Cookery and Life Energetics in Bath, UK, and Barcelona, Spain (her home town).
She is internationally renowned for her teaching on the healing power of cooking and the energetics of food and is the author of over 10 best-selling books in Spanish and English.
For more information visit: www.montsebradford.es (Spanish)