Makes 24 rolls (4 to 5 persons)
1. Cook the soba as instructed on the pack. Drain and put them into a bowl of cold water.
2. Using the thumb and index finger, take some noodles from the bowl and make a 20-22 cm long and 2cm thick bundle. Leave it to drain on a clean tea towel. Repeat until no noodles are left in the water and ensure the bundles are all of a similar size.
3. Soak the shiitake mushroom in cold water. Once rehydrated, cut the stem off and discard. Thinly slice the cap.
4. In a saucepan, heat the toasted sesame oil and add the mushrooms. Leave to cook on a medium heat for a few seconds. Add tamari and cover with a lid. Turn off the heat and leave to one side.
5. Mix the wasabi powder into a paste with a little water.
6. Place a nori sheet on a sushi mat in front of you and place the noodles on it horizontally. Use as many bundles of soba noodles as necessary to cover almost the whole nori sheet, leaving 2 cm free at the top.
7. Place a line of shiitake and a line of wasabi next to it.
8. Roll using the same method as the rice sushi roll.
9. Cut the rolled soba noodles in 6 pieces starting with the middle.
Tip: use the end pieces of the roll as decoration.
Recipe by Ohka-san.