Guilt free dessert with healthy kuzu and cocoa.
- Mix cocoa powder and some soya milk (about 3 tbsp) to make it into a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Mix kuzu and 1 tbsp cold water well. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining soya milk in a pan with a pinch of salt and agar flakes without stirring until bubbles start. Then simmer for 3-4 minutes or until all the agar flakes dissolve, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cocoa paste (1) into a pan and stir constantly for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add malt syrup, nut butter and stir constantly. When it is mixed, add the kuzu paste (2) and stir constantly.
- When the liquid becomes a bit thicker, remove from the heat and transfer to a flat dish. Leave it to cool for 1-2 hours.
- Once set, blend in a food processor until smooth and creamy, adding more malt syrup if necessary.
- Serve topped with crushed, roasted hazelnuts.
For over 30 years Marlene has been actively teaching all aspects of health and wellness. Her dietary advice draws from the fields of macrobiotic nutrition, her studies in Traditional Chinese medicine and common sense. Her favourite saying is 'If you don't look after your body, then where are you going to live'.
Her new book "Macrobiotic for All Seasons" is available on her website: