A mild Indonesian style dish with golden fried tofu cubes that are crispy on the surface but soft and smooth inside.
- 1 pack of Clearspring Tofu
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder or alternative flour
- 1 tbsp peanut Oil or Clearspring Sesame Oil
- dash of Clearspring Shoyu Soya Sauce
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 portions of jasmine rice
- A pinch of fresh coriander
- A pinch of Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Carefully remove the tofu from its pack and drain. Cut into 6 cubes. Pat with a little arrowroot powder or other flour alternative.
- Lightly toast the desiccated coconut. Try not to burn. Set aside.
- Stir fry the tofu cubes with oil until the surface turns a golden colour.
- Cook the jasmine rice according to the pack instruction.
- Finley chop the onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli. Blend all to a puree and add the toasted desiccated coconut.
- Gently cook the puree in a frying pan, stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried tofu and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season with soya sauce, and a touch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with the jasmine rice and garnish with some fresh coriander.
Recipe submitted by Hannah Murfet