A wonderful way to eat Clearspring Tofu straight out of the pack.
- 1 block Clearspring Tofu
- 1tbsp Clearspring Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1tbsp Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
- 3tbsp Clearspring Shoyu Soya Sauce
- 3tbsp Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
- 2tbsp mustard
A few edamame peas and black sesame seeds for garnish
- Drain tofu well in a colander then cut it into 4 cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients for mustard sauce.
- Pour the mix onto tofu, garnish with a few edamame peas and black sesame seeds. Serve as a starter.
Yuki Gomi was raised in a traditional Japanese family, her mother is a fanatical cook who instilled in me a love of cooking at an early age. This love of food inspired her to train as a professional cook, and worked at several restaurant including Chicago's famous Soul Kitchen under Curtis Giszczynski where they developed together Asian and fusion dishes.
She moved to London in 2005 and worked as a head of food development at the Yoshino restaurant in Piccadilly. She developed new recipes both for the restaurant and also for the Japan Centre where she created new sushi menu.
In London she was struck by the increasing popularity of Japanese food. She saw people queuing to buy take-away meals for thier lunches and for parties, but they often said to her 'I can't make this at home so I have no choice but to buy it' or 'I wish I could make this at home'.
Knowing how simple it is to make good Japanese food, inspired her to start cookery classes. She now teaches Japanese home cooking and have found that people quickly grasp the concepts and become passionate advovates of this form of cooking.