Sake Passion Cocktail
Have a night of passion with this tangy, tropical cocktail. Adjust the recipe to your own taste by adding more or less rice syrup.
- 3 passion fruits
- 150g strawberries
- Juice of one orange
- 400g ice
- 4 shots Sake
- 1.5-2tbsp Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup
- 4 large mint leaves (optional)
- Cut the passion fruits in half and scoop the seeds and pulp into a blender. Add the strawberries and orange juice and blend until the strawberries have broken down in to a smooth pulp.
- Now strain the mixture through a fine sieve pressing it with a spoon until only the seeds are left in the sieve.
- Rinse the blender and put in the ice. Blend until it has the consistency of snow. Add the passion fruit mix back into the blender along with the sake, rice syrup and mint (if using). Blend until all the ingredients are evenly mixed. Taste, and add a little more rice syrup if desired.
Celia Plender is a freelance food writer and chef with experience in both Japan and the UK. She has written for publications including Time Out Magazine, channel4.com/4food, goodfoodchannel.co.uk and clearspring.co.uk.
Since returning from Japan, where she worked as a chef in a Tokyo kaiseki restaurant, she has devoted more and more of her time to Japanese cuisine. As she trained in the West, she is also fully conversant with European cuisine.
She is the proud editor of two cookbooks: Dashi and Umami, the Heart of Japanese Cuisine (Cross Media 2009) and Umami World Recipes, Filipino (Cross Media 2009).
In her food writing career she has written for various magazines and websites, including www.channel4.com/4Food, where she is currently Deputy Editor, www.goodfoodchannel.co.uk, Time Out Eating and Drinking Guides, www.Eat-Japan.com and www.clearspring.co.uk. She is also a member of the Guild of Food Writers.
Also in Recipes - Vegan, Macrobiotic & Japanese
Kick-start your day with a Clearspring Organic, 100% Japanese Matcha Shot. A finely ground powder made from the highest quality premium grade green tea leaves, shade grown on a tea garden high in the hills of Uji, Kyoto, Japan, renowned for producing the best Japanese tea.
Matcha’s not only destined to be a drink! Our magical green powder can work its magic when added to your kitchen creations. We have created a delicious on-the-go snack for you.
This Pad Thai recipe is absolutely delicious. I have kept it as close to the original as I could get whilst making sure it is full of only the best unrefined, healthy and nourishing ingredients.