Impressive, gorgeous looking maki. Just follow the steps!
- 230g Clearspring Sushi Rice (cooked and seasoned with sushi vinegar - click here for method)
- 1-2 Clearspring Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked for 15mins in warm water (retain water) with hard stems removed and finely sliced.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 sheet Clearspring Sushi Nori
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Green Nori Sprinkle
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Shoyu Soya Sauce or Clearspring Tamari Soya Sauce
- Clearspring Sushi Mat
- Place the shiitake in a pan with the retained soaking water and season with the mirin and shoyu or tamari soya sauce. Bring to the boil and simmer until the liquid has completely evaporated (roughly 15mins), then leave to cool. Cut the skinned and stoned avocado and cucumber into long thin strips.
- Place a piece of clingfilm on the sushi mat and the nori on top. Spread the sushi rice over the nori, then sprinkle the green nori sprinkle over the surface. Turn the layer of nori and rice upside down onto the clingfilm so that the nori is now on top.
- Place the avocado, cucumber and shiitake mushrooms evenly down the centre. Roll the mat up from the near edge. Remove the roll from the mat and clingfilm and slice into 6 pieces with a wet knife.