The lemon juice in this hearty soup gives it a light and refreshing finish.
- 250g cooked chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 4 celery sticks
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- A pinch of crushed coriander seeds
- Fresh Coriander
- Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt, to taste
- Dice the carrots and celery and chop the onion.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the vegetables, salt, pepper and coriander seeds and a whole clove of garlic with the skin on.
- Sauté for a few minutes and then cover with water and cook on a slow heat for 30 minutes, add the cooked chickpeas and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic skin and serve the soup in individual bowls with freshly squeezed lemon juice, a tablespoon of olive oil and chopped fresh coriander leaves.