This simple and tasty recipe won the Clearspring recipe competition. It is ideal for a quick mid-week supper or a tasty lunch. The use of pickled ginger makes it light and refreshing.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the directions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Deep-fry the tofu until crisp and golden brown. Drain and set aside to cool. When cool, cut the tofu into thin strips.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok. Lightly fry the garlic without browning. Add the chopped ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
- Now add the pak choi, shiitake mushrooms and sliced pickled daikon to the wok. Turn the heat up and fry for one minute.
- Add the bean sprouts and then the soba. Stir continuously until the soba and the bean sprouts are heated through.
- Add the soya sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with crispy fried tofu and spring onion.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe by Victoria Ashley