This simple and tasty recipe won the Clearspring recipe competition. It is ideal for a quick mid-week supper or a tasty lunch. The use of pickled ginger makes it light and refreshing.
- 250g Clearspring Soba
- 100g block of firm tofu, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Clearspring Sushi Ginger, chopped
- 1 small pak choi, washed and sliced
- 5 Clearspring Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked and sliced
- 50g Clearspring Pickled Daikon, thinly sliced
- 100g bean sprouts, washed and drained
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Soya Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Cook the soba noodles according to the directions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Deep-fry the tofu until crisp and golden brown. Drain and set aside to cool. When cool, cut the tofu into thin strips.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok. Lightly fry the garlic without browning. Add the chopped ginger and stir for 30 seconds.
- Now add the pak choi, shiitake mushrooms and sliced pickled daikon to the wok. Turn the heat up and fry for one minute.
- Add the bean sprouts and then the soba. Stir continuously until the soba and the bean sprouts are heated through.
- Add the soya sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with crispy fried tofu and spring onion.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Recipe by Victoria Ashley