This appetizer is quick and easy to make. It is ready to serve in the time it takes to cook and cool the udon. Turn it into a main dish by adding sautéed tempeh or tofu.
Servings 6 to 8
- 8 ounce Clearspring Udon
- 6 scallions, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1 small cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted black and white sesame seeds
For peanut sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the udon noodles and cook 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Place the cooled noodles in individual serving bowls. Drizzle with the sauce, garnish with cucumbers and scallions, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Top with chopped pickles or shredded nori.
- For a “sesame” version, reverse the ratio of peanut butter and tahini.
- Add julienned carrots or daikon radish.
- Spice it up with 1 or 2 drops of extra-hot sesame oil or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.