There's one thing more fun than making these pancakes with your friends or family, and that's eating them. Vary the fillings for added enjoyment.
Makes 12 Pancakes
- Mix flour, salt and the vanilla in a bowl.
- Stir in the oil and amazake, and add water progessively until it becomes nice and fluid but not too liquid.
- Heat one tbsp oil in a pan, pour in the pancake mix so that it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook on both sides until lightly brown
- Serve hot with syrup or spread.
A recipe from George Rozing at Ryorido, Clearspring Amazake producer.
Alternative: Gluten-free pancakes
Same method, but allow to sit for one hour and a half before cooking.