The key to the richness of this drink is the toasted almond butter. Ground almonds just don’t do the trick.
- 125ml Clearspring Amazake
- 375ml almond milk or rice drink
- 3 tablespoons toasted almond butter
- 2cm of a whole vanilla pod
- 2 drops of natural almond extract
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a blender, pour into glasses, and put into the fridge. Serve this shake chilled.
For a smooth texture, you can pour it through a fine-mesh strainer to remove the rice hulls and vanilla seeds. If you do this, press the solids dry, and save them in a covered container in the fridge for adding to biscuit and cake recipes.