The golden colour and light, sweet flavour of this nutritious soup makes it a good choice during the warmer months.
- Soak the wakame for 10 minutes, cut away any tough ribs, and slice the fronds into 2cm pieces.
- While it’s soaking, bring the liquid to the boil, add the carrots, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and simmer for a few more minutes. Add the wakame to the soup, simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- In a cup, thin the miso with a little bit of the hot soup, then add this liquid back into the pan.
- Stir the miso in well, then leave the soup for a couple of minutes so that the flavours can mingle.