Try this as a packed lunch or for picnics.
- 2 medium carrots, cut into long strips about 1/2cm thick
- 1/2 cucumber, cut lengthwise into strips like the carrots
- 1 sheet Clearspring Nori
- Steam the carrots for 3-5 minutes, until they’re tender, then rinse under cold water and drain. Toast the nori by carefully holding the sheet horizontally 5cm above an open flame using tongs, then gently rotating it for a few seconds until its colour changes to a vivid green. Cut the sheet using kitchen scissors into four equally sized strips.
- Take two pieces of each vegetable and wrap one strip of nori around each bundle. Use a drop of water to seal the ends. Repeat the process with the other three bundles, then arrange them in a serving dish.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a cup with a fork. Add a little water if the paste is too thick. You’re aiming for a loose and creamy dressing. Serve on the side, or drip around the dish in a spiral to serve.
Montse Bradford is Director of the School of Natural Cookery and Life Energetics in Bath, UK, and Barcelona, Spain (her home town).
She is internationally renowned for her teaching on the healing power of cooking and the energetics of food and is the author of over 10 best-selling books in Spanish and English.
For more information visit: www.montsebradford.es (Spanish)