An authentic recipe from Clearspring's Dutch amazake producer.
- 150g white flour
- 50g maize flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt
- 3 tsp Clearspring Sesame or Sunflower Oil
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Malt Syrup
- 1/2 jar (190g) Clearspring Amazake
- 200g apples cut into chunks
- 50g raisins
- Grated rind of half a lemon
- In a bowl mix the flours, baking powder, salt and oil.
- Add the amazake, washed raisins, apple chunks and malt syrup until you have a thick batter that you can pour.
- Oil a cake tin and pour in the batter until 75% full.
- Bake for 70 minutes in the middle of a pre-heated oven at 180ºC (gas mark 5) covering, if needed, with baking foil after 30 minutes to prevent it drying out. Test with a chopstick or skewer to check that it is cooked.