This rich fruit jelly dessert is vegetarian and goes easy on the sweeteners.
- 2 tbsp Clearspring Agar Flakes
- 3-4 apples peeled, cored and cut into medium chunks
- Strawberries, 1 punnet (approx. 225g), washed and cut into halves
- 375ml fruit juice
- Desiccated coconut flakes or chopped roasted nuts (optional)
- Place the fruit juice, agar-agar flakes and apples, with a pinch of sea salt into a cooking pot. Bring to the boil and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add malt syrup to taste, the strawberries and the grated orange rind. Mix well but gently.
- Place the dessert in a glass serving bowl, leave to cool until set, then garnish and serve.
Montse Bradford is Director of the School of Natural Cookery and Life Energetics in Bath, UK, and Barcelona, Spain (her home town).
She is internationally renowned for her teaching on the healing power of cooking and the energetics of food and is the author of over 10 best-selling books in Spanish and English.
For more information visit: www.montsebradford.es (Spanish)