White miso seasoning gives this dish a sweet lightness that may be enjoyed all year round.
- 3 strips of Clearspring Wakame (about 5g)
- 3 Clearspring Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked for 15-20 minutes (retain water) and finely sliced
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into thick half rounds
- 3 carrots, washed and cut into thin rounds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 fennel, washed and cut into thick slices, or some celery stalks
- Sauté the quartered onions in a pan with some olive oil and a pinch of sea salt for 3-4 minutes.
- Briefly rinse the wakame under cold water, cut with scissors into medium pieces and place it in a cooking pot with the shiitake soaking water (to just cover the sea vegetable).
- Add the rest of the vegetables, the bay leaves and the shiitake to the pot. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the sweet white miso and fresh ginger juice, simmer for a further 5 minutes and serve.
Montse Bradford is Director of the School of Natural Cookery and Life Energetics in Bath, UK, and Barcelona, Spain (her home town).
She is internationally renowned for her teaching on the healing power of cooking and the energetics of food and is the author of over 10 best-selling books in Spanish and English.
For more information visit: www.montsebradford.es (Spanish)