Try two kinds of classic vegetarian Japanese rolled sushi - begin with our simple yet delicious 'norimaki', and then progress to our slightly more challenging but great-looking inside-out sushi rolls.
Makes 4 Rolls (24 pieces)
*Pepper, carrot or other fillings of your choice can also be used.
- Make the sushi rice and mix with sushi vinegar (click here for method)
- Place the Sushi Nori with the shiny side down on the mat. Spread half the rice evenly over the nori, leaving 1cm clear at the top.
- Make a small hollow along the centre of the rice, spread the Umeboshi Purée and lay on the fillings.
- Begin rolling the mat from the near edge, keeping the filling in place with your fingers. Roll firmly but do not press so hard that the rice comes out of the sides.
- Once you have formed the roll with the mat, pull out the far end whilst holding the front rolled end, to form the roll more tightly.
- Remove the roll from the mat and cut into 6 pieces with a wet knife, using a steady sawing motion. Repeat with the other sheets of nori.
You can create variety in your sushi by using other fillings.
For more ways of making your own sushi at home, please click here to download our new Make Your Own Sushi Leaflet