A rich tasting and dairy-free delight.
- Carob spread or bar
- 1 tsp grated orange rind (optional)
- Water or rice drink
- Roasted chopped hazelnuts
- Fresh strawberries
- Mix the batter dry ingredients in a bowl then carefully add in a small amount of water to give a thick cream-like consistency. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce by heating carob spread diluted with a little water or rice drink until you have a consistency you can pour. If using bars, carefully heat and melt with a little hot water or rice drink.
- Heat half an inch of oil in a frying pan being careful not to let it smoke.
- Dust each apple ring with some arrowroot powder, then dip into the chilled batter and fry in the hot oil until crunchy and golden colour (approx. 2 minutes each side).
- Drain each apple ring on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Serve immediately with the hot carob sauce garnished with the hazelnuts and strawberries.
Montse Bradford is Director of the School of Natural Cookery and Life Energetics in Bath, UK, and Barcelona, Spain (her home town).
She is internationally renowned for her teaching on the healing power of cooking and the energetics of food and is the author of over 10 best-selling books in Spanish and English.
For more information visit: www.montsebradford.es (Spanish)