This wonderfully refreshing salad is enhanced by the distinctive colour and taste of arame.
- 10g Clearspring Arame, rinsed and soaked for 10 minutes
- 1 bunch or pack of watercress, washed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 chicory, washed and cut lengthwise into 2cm strips
- 4-5 radishes, washed and finely cut in rounds
- 1 carrot, washed and cut thinly into very fine strips or grated
- Drain the arame and place in a cooking pot with fresh water, covering 1/3 of its volume. Bring to the boil and simmer until the water is almost gone (about 10-15 minutes). Season with 1 tbsp of shoyu or tamari soya sauce and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Leave the arame to completely cool.
- Combine salad vegetables in a large serving bowl. Add the cooled arame.
- Combine the dressing ingredients to taste. Serve in a separate dish.
Montse Bradford is Director of the School of Natural Cookery and Life Energetics in Bath, UK, and Barcelona, Spain (her home town).
She is internationally renowned for her teaching on the healing power of cooking and the energetics of food and is the author of over 10 best-selling books in Spanish and English.
For more information visit: www.montsebradford.es (Spanish)