This lovely curry dish is easy to prepare and lots of fun to eat. Make it as mild or as hot as you wish!
Serves 2 - Cooking & Preparation time 35 mins
For the Rice
For the Dal
- 1 tbsp Clearspring Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 100g cup red lentils
- 250ml vegetable stock
- Squeeze lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
- Whilst the rice is cooking fry the onion in the coconut oil until golden brown.
- Add the cooked rice and spring onion to the coconut rice mix and stir fry for another minute.
- Fry the spices in the oil until fragrant and then add the lentils. Fry for another minute to coat the lentils with the spiced oil.
- Add the stock, simmer over a low heat or on a heat diffuser, stirring from time to time for about half an hour until the lentils are soft, but still holding their shape, add more stock if needed – you want them to be quite soupy. Add the lemon and cook for a few more minutes.
- Fresh coriander
- Slices of lemon
- Pack the rice into a small bowl, place a serving plate over the top, flip over and carefully remove the rice bowl. Serve alongside a bowl of dal, garnished with the fresh coriander and a slice of lemon.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.