This dish has a delicious sweet and sour taste which goes well with any grain, pulse or roast vegetable dish.
1-2tbsp Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 large onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2tsp Clearspring Balsamic Vinegar
1tbsp Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
2tbsp plain flour
1 sachet Clearspring Miso Bouillon mixed with 750ml hot water
2tsp wholegrain mustard (optional)
- Fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil on a low heat until they are soft and brown. Stir when necessary. This will take around 30 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and allow it to evaporate.
- Add the flour and stir in thoroughly.
- Add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the gravy is thick and you cannot taste the flour.
- Stir in the mustard if using, check the seasoning and serve.