This risotto is going to change your views on Brussels sprouts forever. A must for the autumn/winter season.
250g risotto rice
2tbsp Clearspring Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
100g fresh wild mushrooms (or 25g Clearspring Shiitake Mushrooms).
4-5 Brussels sprouts
1 tablespoon of Clearspring Tamaki sake
1 sachet of Clearspring Miso Bouillon Paste
1. Bring water to the boil and add the bouillon. Leave on a very low heat for later.
2. Boil the Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes, cut in quarters and leave aside.
3. Chop the onion and garlic finely.
4. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic.
5. Add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Add the sake and keep stirring until the alcohol has evaporated.
7. Wash and cut the mushrooms in chunks, then add to the rice.
8. Add the boiled sprouts.
9. Add one ladle of bouillon to the rice, cook at very low heat whilst stirring continuously. When the bouillon is absorbed, repeat the operation until the rice is cooked to your liking.
10. Cover the risotto and leave to rest for a minute.
11. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.