Makes 6-7 large or 14 small burgers
1 tbsp Clearspring Sesame Oil
1/2 onion diced finely
3 stalks celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1tbsp minced fresh ginger
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
708g cooked and drained adzuki beans
3 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp water
30g sesame seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C and lightly oil a baking tray or line with parchment paper.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the onion, celery, garlic and ginger. Cook stirring occasionally until the onion is softened and translucent.
3. Stir in the bell pepper and kale and cook, covered, until kale has wilted (another 5 minutes or so). Remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, puree 472g of adzuki beans, tahini and water in a food processor. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the vegetable mixture & remaining 236g of adzuki beans.
5. Sprinkle sesame seeds on a large plate, if using.
6. With wet hands, scoop out one heaped tablespoon of the mixture and form into a ball. Use more mixture for larger burgers.
7. Flatten slightly and press into sesame seeds if using, then transfer to the baking tray.
8. Bake the burgers for 20 minutes turning once halfway through or until a slight crust has formed.
**Serving suggesion: Serve with baked pumpkin slices on top and drizzle with a reduced sauce.