This earthy dish is simple to prepare and bursting with flavour.
28g Clearspring Shiitake Mushrooms
8 medium-sized field mushrooms
1tbsp Clearspring Avocado Oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small onion, diced
40g fresh breadcrumbs - brown or white
Zest of 1 lemon
1 pack Clearspring Tamari Roasted Styrian Pumpkin Seeds, crushed
1tsp thyme, chopped
1tsp parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C/gas 5.
- Cover the shiitake mushrooms with a little warm water and soak until softened (5-10 minutes), then remove and discard the stalks. Slice the cap.
- Clean the field mushrooms and then rub with the avocado oil and a little salt and pepper. Bake in the oven, with the gills facing down for 3 minutes then turn over and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions and garlic in a pan until softened, add the shiitake, breadcrumbs, lemon, pumpkin seeds, thyme and parsley and mix together. Remove from the heat.
- Put this mixture on top of the mushrooms and bake for a further 5 minutes.
You can also add a little Clearspring Atlantic Sea Vegetables Salad to the breadcrumb mix before you put it into the mushrooms for extra nutrition.