This deliciously healthy dip gets its full-bodied flavour from dashi, the secret ingredient of so much Japanese food.
1 Clearspring Shiitake Mushroom
5g Clearspring Hijiki
1/3 konnyaku (Devil's Tongue jelly) block
250ml Clearspring Tsuyu
1.5tbsp Clearspring Shoyu Soya Sauce
2tbsp Clearspring Mikawa Mirin
- Drain the tofu, wrap in a paper towel and put a weight on it until the vegetable preparation is complete.
- Soak the shiitake in 250ml of cold water for 30 minutes. Retain the soaking water for later.
- Soak the hijiki in a little cold water for 10 minutes. Once rehydrated, squeeze out the excess moisture. Again, retain the soaking water.
- Bring some water to the boil and cook the konnyaku for 3 minutes.
- Finely chop the carrot, shiitake and konnyaku.
- Place all the seasoning ingredients in a pan, then add the soaking water from the shiitake and hijiki. Simmer for 3 minutes then strain the mixture, retaining the vegetable mix and the liquid. Set both aside to cool.
- Mix all the tofu dip ingredients together thoroughly, until the texture is smooth.
- Next, stir together the seasoning liquid and tofu dip, then add the cooked carrots, hijiki and konnyaku. Serve with cooked edamame beans and flat-leaf parsley as a garnish.