A popular autumn dish in Japan, this is a type of takigohan, where rice is cooked with seasonal vegetables.
300g Clearspring Sushi Rice
1tbsp Clearspring Tamaki or Shizengo Sake
1/2tbsp Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt
1tbsp Clearspring Soya Sauce
1 pinch Clearspring Green Nori Sprinkle
- Wash the rice and soak in water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Soak the chestnuts in boiling water for 5 minutes to make them easier to peel.
- Make a cut in the bottom of each chestnut, then peel off the shell carefully.
- Roast the chestnuts lightly and the remove the inner skin which will now be crisper and easier to remove.
- Place the rice, chestnuts and salt in a saucepan.
- Pour the sake and shoyu into a measuring cup and then add enough water to reach a total volume of 360ml. Now add this to the saucepan.
- Bring to the boil on a high heat with the lid on. As soon as it reaches the boil, reduce to a low heat and simmer for 11 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and leave for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with green nori sprinkle, then serve.