These muffins are a true celebration of colour, texture and taste.
Makes 12 muffins
708g plain white flour
2tbsp baking powder
1 small pinch cinnamon
118g roasted hazelnuts, skinned and chopped
236g raisins, rinsed & soaked
1 pinch of vanilla powder or a few seeds scraped from a vanilla pod
236g of blueberries
For fruit sauce:
236g red fruit (strawberries, raspberries, red currants) - frozen or fresh
2tsp apple juice (optional) or orange juice concentrate
1tsp Clearspring Kuzu (dilute in a tiny amount of apple juice)
Clearspring Rice Malt Syrup or orange concentrate/syrup (optional)
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet ingredients until you have a smooth consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin moulds.
- Bake in oven at 180C for 45 minutes.
For red sauce:
- Put red fruit in a saucepan and heat up with a pinch of Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt.
- When the fruits start cooking down, add the rice syrup and cook to form a thick syrup.
- You can add apple juice if you want a bigger quantity.
- Dissolve kuzu in a small amount of apple juice, and stir into the fruit while it thickens.
- Add rice syrup or orange concentrate to taste.
You can create different flavours of muffin. Some other options include adding lemon zest, poppy seeds, any nuts, Clearspring Seeds, Soya and Cranberries or cubed apples.